"If you are not passionate about what you do, do some deep, dark, soul-searching and use some brutal honesty to find out what is missing from your work"-Liza Siegel (LD)
Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Tuesday, 29 May 2012
- They listen more than they speak. And they deliver more than they promise.
- They get that you can’t have an A-level company if you hire B-level people.
- They understand that what the amateur calls genius, the professional calls practice.
- They have discovered that extra hard work is Success’ true best friend.
- They use flight time to get ahead and review their plans vs. playing Angry Birds and watching bad movies.
- They invest deeply in their education and development knowing that the fastest way to double your net worth is to triple your rate of learning.
- They make the time to think, plan and prepare – understanding that clarity breeds mastery. And there’s no point in brilliantly executing the wrong things.
- They get that their 3 most valuable assets are their mental focus, physical energy and internal creativity. And so they protect them ferociously.
- They spend their days doing real work versus fake work. And getting important things done versus being really busy being busy.
- They know that if they’re not frightened a lot they’re not achieving a lot.
- They deliver results versus voice rationalizations.
- They are good at starting things. And even better at finishing them.
- They get that confidence grows via the doing of difficult things. And so they pursue discomfort.
- Take your health to a level called superfit. They have zero desire to be the richest people in the graveyard. Be like a pro athelete.
- Associate with people whose lives you want to be living.
- Remember that potential unused turns into pain. So dedicate yourself to expressing your best.
- Reflect on the words of Eleanor Roosevelt who said: “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”
- Doing the difficult things that you’ve never done awakens the talents you never knew you had.
Monday, 28 May 2012
SUMMARY OF THE BRILLIANT BOOK BY DALE CARNEGIE — HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
1. FUNDAMENTAL TECHNIQUES IN HANDLING PEOPLE
- Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want.
2. SIX WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely.
3. HOW TO WIN PEOPLE TO YOUR WAY OF THINKING
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong”.
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Being in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
4. BE A LEADER: A LEADER’S JOB OFTEN INCLUDES CHANGING YOUR PEOPLE’S ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOUR. SOME SUGGESTIONS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS :-
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people’s mistake indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other people save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be “hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.”
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
KEEP ROCKING AND KEEP SPREADLING LOVE AND AFFECTION AROUND YOU. YOU CAN MAKE THIS LIFE SUPERB BY JUST FOLLOWING THESE SIMPLE RULES.
ANKUR (REAL REBEL)
Sunday, 27 May 2012
Friday, 25 May 2012
The journey from being ordinary to extraordinary is very simple.
We just need to find out what we want and then giving our absolute best in it.
So find out what you want it may be anything, like you may want to have a big house, a beautiful car, a good job, or just think what you want to be, no matter how much big it is, just ask to yourself, what you really want and how bad do you want it ??
If you want is really bad then definetly you will achieve it no matter how big it is.
While doing this you will gonna suffer a lot of pain because we have to change our habits.
Habits are not just our routine but it is somewhat which makes our body and mind slave.
In order to develop a new habit we need to do following steps :
- Be Hero : As we see in our movies that a hero is a person who suffers a lot of pain but never complain about it, he is having a never give up attitude, positivism, hardworking and he finally defeats the villain. in order to change the habit we also need to be hero. we have to defeat our old bad habits at any cost. Just make your life like a movie and be a hero in it, then consider your bad habit as a villain and then give ur absolute best to kill that habit and cultivate a new one. The purpose of you in that movie is to kill that bad habit. Act like hero, walk like hero, eat like hero, drink like hero. Just feel like you are the one whom the whole world is watching. You are the one who will inspire the whole world when it comes to changing the habits.
- Be Relentless: Only being consistent is not enough you need to be relentless. Relentless means having a that much strong desire that you don't want to sleep but just want to achieve your goals and your dreams.
YOU CAN HAVE ALL WHAT YOU WANT , IF YOU WANT IT REALLY BAD
I WILL DEFINETLY TRY TO IMPROVE MUCH MORE IN MY NEXT POST, LOOKING FOR YOUR VALUABLE FEED BACK